13 September 2014

Disorderly Conduct--My Personal Writing Challenge Challenge

"I found her like this, Dad." Tommy's voice drifts into my consciousness as he gently lifts my hand off the keyboard and shuts the laptop.  I open my eyes and he's leaning over me in full Boy Scout regalia.  There is a smile twitching in one corner of his mouth and his hazel-green eyes are soft with affection. They are striking, like my mother's.  My heart melts twice every time I see them. "Mama, you were sleeping at the computer again."

I struggle to surface to full brain power, eyes fluttering heavily, as Chuck wanders in to the living room, the same twitching smile in the corner of his mouth, blue eyes bright and piercing even in my drowsy state.  "Up to bed, Jen."

I must be hallucinating.  Is Chuck dressed in a Scout uniform?! While he is a fantastic leader, he has always refused to conform, consenting only to the t-shirt.  I croak, "What are you wearing?"

He poses like a JCPenny underwear ad.  "You like?  I'm very stylish."  I'm not hallucinating, but now I wish I was.

I was looking forward to the mental space of a couple hours to write while Chuck and Tommy were at Boy Scouts.  And I promptly fell asleep around 7.  Before I could even start the entry.  Tommy woke me up at 9:30.

Once I was finally upstairs in bed around 10, sleep eluded me.  I tossed and turned, writing in my head, fingers itching for the keyboard.  So I snuck back downstairs to the computer around 11 and started writing this.  And the record of my falling-asleep-typing is below as Exhibit A.  I don't know why I am compelled to save it.  Perhaps because it says, "I came, I wrote.  It was gibberish because I have a sleep disorder.  See?"

You may have thought I was exaggerating in my last entry--a little hyperbole perhaps--by leaving in the gibberish.  You may have thought I was manufacturing it for effect.  It's honestly what I typed.  I have two sleep disorders.  It makes it hard to function as a teacher, much less mother and spouse.

So, it is a beautiful Saturday morning.  And I'm finally finishing this entry.  This week, I hope to write every day without falling asleep.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exhibit A

 kjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

'fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

aeeeeeeeeeeee

 wneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww



fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff


fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk


myuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu                                                                                                                                                                        9999999999999uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

wekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkklllllll

kddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddlllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

No comments:

Post a Comment