08 September 2014

Observations: Sketchy

Well, it's day 7 of the blog challenge, and I'm only on topic 3.  I'm letting go of any anxiety I have about this delay.  Every attempt to write will be a victory.  For the first time in nearly ten years, my desire to write burns at blazing levels.  I am DYING to tell so many stories that I snatched a half hour of my lunch time in the silence of the horse show office yesterday just to get the one about the tattoo out of my head and on the page. Clicking POST was a relief.

There were so many moments to savor on Thursday and Friday, so many observations I wanted to capture and then examine.  Yet I fell asleep in the recliner on Thursday night at 8:30, laptop perched on the right arm, fingers of my right hand still pressing the keys.  I woke up around midnight and my blog post literally looked like this:

 ;;;;;;;;;; Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkhk; lk; oiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ihhhhhhhhhhhhhhllllkbljljbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbr

(Profoundly revealing, I know.  But it shall remain on record for the sake of honesty.)

So, I slid the laptop to the floor, rolled over in the chair and slept until 6:00 a.m. 

I packed for the horse show, dropped Tommy off at band, fixed my hair in the school bathroom,taught a full day, worked with a UNI student,  posted grades, got home at 5 p.m., packed Tommy and all our stuff in the truck, and flew off to Cedar Rapids to meet my husband who was already at the horse show.  As secretary of center ring, I was busy tracking results kkkkkkkkk;kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk'

See my dilemma.

So, in order to keep this short & finish-able, in order to get a few things out of my head and onto the paper dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkbh, (is a comma appropriate here?)  I want to blast some content onto the page for exploring at a later, more leisurely date.

Quick Brain Spill of Moments I Don't Want to Forget since Thursday:

  • Power of Observation during timed, on-demand writing
  • Interactions with Sunshine, Model Paper, Sheltered Girl, Technophobe, & Writing Avoidance  ("I called my friend and ...).
  • Area of improvement for evaluation:  observational record-keeping & written reflection       
  • Singing Diercks Bentley's "What was I Thinking"  in the truck with Tommy on the way to Cedar Rapids
  • Watching Chuck work his intensity showing the colt in the Futurity
  • Tommy's Roadster Pony Driving Medallion win and his win on Max.       
  • The sudden surprise of Chuck delivering me lunch.  Twice.
  • My technological triumph over Aunt Marilyn's printer.  After I tripped over the electrical cord and unplugged it.  And knocked off the paper feeder on the floor.  Thus ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd delaying the show a few minutes
  • Why this blog about reflective teaching is really is about reflective living
As a career veteran, I tend to keep a lot in my head, relying on memory to keep track of plans.  I am often strong in my intentions, but rarely record what ACTUALLY happened, much less reflect about whatddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

why it happened or what to do next time, or simply two savor a moment like kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

a jewel worth examining in more detail the facets of the experience, if only I could stay awake long enough to ponder it
                                                                                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment