18 November 2014

Scenes from My Little Utopia

November 18: What do you appreciate about your colleagues?

They take care of me when I'm sick.
Sara (to me in the ladies room): Jen, are you okay to drive? I went to the office and got you a sub. You're covered for the rest of the day.  Go home.

They are generous with their planning time.
Cathy: There are Scratch cupcakes in the lounge.  Go get one.
Me: But--
Cathy: Take Jesse-Lee (student teacher) to the lounge and get cupcakes!  I'll teach your class till you get back.

They keep me organized.
Leesa: I ordered all the copies for the unit for you.

They value my experience.
Megann: Let's plan Socratic Circles out on Monday in PLC.
Amy: Yeah, I want to learn more about that.
Cathy: Me, too.
Me: Leesa, we're talking Socratic Circles on Monday. Are you in?
Leesa: I'm so in.

They forgive my errors.
Assistant Principal Dave (as he tries to unlock my door): Has the door been acting up lately?
Me: It's been kinda glitchy.  Umm.  (Pause.  Blushing.)   But I slammed it fourth hour when I was mad at my class because they wouldn't listen, and now it won't open.
Assistant Principal Dave (smiles and pats me on the shoulder): Well, we all have those days.  (lock finally pops)  I wouldn't lock it again until it's fixed.  Have a better rest of the day!






No comments:

Post a Comment